Mudaridge provides a base to explore the picturesque local Gloucester district. You can visit quaint local shops, markets such as the Gloucester Farmers’ Market (2nd Saturday of each month) or The Tucker Patch, the Gloucester District Historical Society Museum, the Gloucester Gallery. Gloucester has several cafes where you can enjoy a good coffee and has 2 supermarkets for provisions during your stay.
You may also enjoy:
Camp Cobark offers guided rides through trails in the foothills of the Barrington Tops and Cobark Valley with panoramic views and crystal clear mountain streams.
Barrington Outdoor Adventures offers canoe and kayak hire on the Barrington River. They also provide mountain biking and abseiling tours.
Gloucester Golf Club offers a 13 bay driving range and an 18 hole, par 72, championship course.
Go for a bush walk up the fire trail or Mudaridge is located 10km from the entrance to the Gloucester Tops National Park. Or you can drive to Barrington Tops National Park, with its World Heritage listed Prehistoric Beech Forest, the swamps of Polblue and the chance of spotting a wild brumby or building a snowman. The nearby Copeland Tops State Conservation area is the starting point for guided tours through the Mountain Maid gold mine.
Or you may just enjoy simply staying put and enjoying:
- relaxing and reading
- picnicking by the Gloucester River
- the unpolluted air
- splashing about or lazing on a rubber mat on your own stretch of riverfront
- star gazing – on a clear night sit outside to see the most incredible collection of stars and the Milky Way in all of its glory. You may even see a shooting star to wish upon.
- spotting fauna (plenty of wallabies and water dragons and perhaps an echidna or koala)
- listening to the birdsong
- practicing your nature or landscape photography